Institute of Philosophy of the Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava kindly invites you to the international conference for Ph.D. students of philosophy entitled
The Character of the Current Philosophy and its Methods
which will take place at the Institute on the 23rd and 24th of March 2017 as the 14th annual conference of the Young Philosophy cycle.
Separate sections will consist of the following fields:
social and political philosophy, ethics, aesthetics, gender studies, history of philosophy, analytic philosophy, logics, methodology of sciences, interdisciplinary overlaps in philosophy
Mgr. Daniela Glavaničová, Mgr. Mariana Jankechová, Mgr. Martina Krajčiová, Mgr. Alžbeta Kuchtová, Mgr. Zuzana Zelinová
Information and conditions
Conference Dates: 23rd – 24th March 2017
Venue: Institute of Philosophy of SAS, Klemensova 19, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Organizer: Institute of Philosophy of SAS
- The application form together with an abstract must be delivered by the 31st of January 2017.
- The conference takes place on the 23rd and 24th of March 2017.
- Individual presentations cannot be longer than 20 minutes, topicrelated discussion approx. 10 minutes.
- Presentation languages: English (preferably), Slovak, Czech.
- The committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that do not meet the formal standards.
- It will be possible to publish some of the conference papers in the conference proceedings. If you are interested in publishing your presented text, please send it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: tba.
- Manuscripts should be submitted electronically in MS Word format, must be grammatically and stylistically correct and delivered in a form as required by the editors:
- a standard page: 30 lines, 60 keystrokes – 1800 keystrokes
- please also attach a separate cover page with your name, affiliation and contact information
- the text should not be longer than 5 – 10 normed pages
- resume: 15 – 20 lines
- bibliography should be in alphabetical order at the end of the article.
- All applications will be confirmed by email. Further information about the conference will be sent to the applicants in February 2017. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the following address: email@example.com. All information about the conference can also be found on our website or on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mladafilozofia/.
- The Institute of Philosophy of SAS cannot provide any accommodation for the conference participants, nor provide any financial support.
- There is conference fee 10 euro (lunch, materials, snacks). The fee will be paid during the registration. Each participant will receive the confirmation of payment.
We are happy to announce that our keynote speakers are André Scala (L´ecole d´art idbl intercommunale Digne-les-Bains, France) and Zsófia Zvolenszky (Department of Logic, Institute of Philosophy, Eötvös University, Budapest, Hungary).
Selected papers will be published in the journal Ostium (http://www.ostium.sk/en/42016en/).
We are looking forward to meet you at our conference!